A sexual act that's a favourite for many, oral sex is a sexy kind of foreplay that can be highly erotic. That's because there are so many different ways to do it!
And sure, there's a general technique for those with a penis and those with a vulva, but to give great oral sex isn't always to lick away without any rhyme or reason.
That's why we're dedicating this space to all things oral sex! What is it, why it's perhaps an underrated kind of foreplay, and how you can literally... eat your self! Yes, indeed! Oral sex simulators are a thing, and you can now totally get down without a partner! Exciting times we are living in, right?
Psst! Find new tips on how to enjoy foreplay in our recent blog post.
What is Oral Sex?
Starting with the basics, oral sex is a kind of foreplay that many couples enjoy before penetrative intercourse. Giving oral sex depends on you and your partner, and if they've got a penis or a vulva.
Giving oral sex however, is essentially using your mouth, lips, or tongue to stimulate a partner's most sweetest spots. For penis owners, receiving oral sex is to receive a fellatio (aka a blowjob or giving head), and for vulva owner, it's to receive cunnilingus (aka going down).
But then, there's also something called anilingus (aka rimming), which is to stimulate the anus.
A little recap:
- Fellatio: stimulation of the penis which can involve licking motions, but can also include the teeth or throat
- Cunnilingus: stimulation of the vagina or clitoris which can involve licking or sucking outside and around the vulva
- Anilingus: stimulation of the anus which can involve the mouth or lips
Then of course there's something called 69! This is when partners give each other oral sex at the same time. Usually it involves two partner either lying on top of one another or next to each other, topsy turvy, so that they're both able to access their partner's genitals at the same time.
Why is Oral Sex Arguably Better Than Penetrative Sex?
For many, oral sex isn't actually considered 'real sex', when in actuality, it is. It's a very intimate act that involves genital contact and stimulation, and the rewards and risks are fairly similar to that of having penetrative sex. Additionally, penetrative sex really isn't the be-all-and-end-all. Oral sex can be just as pleasurable as penetrative sex. In fact, some find it better than penetrative sex!
This is because oral sex provides a platform for partners to relax, raise arousal, and to get things heated up. Many women crave more intimate touch and foreplay in order to create natural lubrication, which is very important when it comes to intercourse. Not just that, but more often than not, women take longer to climax than men.
There's also the emotional aspect of it all, as foreplay allows both men and women to prepare their minds for penetration. We are not just our bodies, but also our feelings and emotions. To receive emotional security and slow intimacy helps to create a stronger connection and to reassure both partners that they're appreciated and wanted.
On the other hand, there's no better love than self-love! So if you're either not interested in finding a partner to enjoy oral sex with, crave oral sex more often than you are currently receiving, or you're having a bit of a difficult time reaching a comfortable status with another... oral sex simulators are here to save the day.
What Are Oral Sex Simulators?
Oral sex simulators are a kind of sex toy that mimics oral sex. And while many believe that oral sex simulators are solely for women, there are pleasure products that give off the real-feel experience for men too.
An oral sex simulator is often a handheld device that offers various kinds of stimulations (like sucking, flicking, and/or vibrations), depending on your nether regions and your preferred kind of bliss.
For women, an oral sex simulator will stimulate the clitoris, vagina, and labia. For men, an oral sex simulator is usually a tube-like pleasure product with internal ribs, thrills and frills, that mimic the feeling of another's mouth.
For both men and women, using a dash of water-based lube will usually reinforce the sexy feeling of receiving oral sex (giving off a feeling of a tongue). Just remember to clean your oral sex simulator after every use to ensure ultimate health.
Oral Sex Simulators for Women
If you love the feeling of having your clit suckled either gently or with a bit more power, you'll adore the:
- Satisfyer Pro 2 Next Generation Air Pulse Stimulator: which uses Air Pulse Technology to suck, tease, and stimulate your sweet spot
- Tracy's Dog Mr Duckie Suction Vibrator: An innocent-looking and super cute pleasure product that'll stimulate your most intimate spot using one of seven suction modes
- Tracy's Dog Blowy 2-in-1 Clitoral Vibrator: a petite and colourful beauty that not only sucks on your clitoris, but also licks using tongue-like flicks
Oral Sex Simulators for Men
If you love the feeling of receiving a blowjob, you'll adore the:
- Tracy's Dog 'Sam' Masturbation Cup Fleshlight: ribbed for ultimate pleasure, this tight masturbation cup feels as if your entire shaft is being licked, jerked, and caressed
- Apollo Hydro Power Stroker: a hands-free oral sex simulation experience that comes with a suction base, a swivel mount, and the ability to thrust as hard as you like
- Tracy's Dog Double-Ended Pocket Pussy: go for gold with this double-ended pocket pussy which gives you the chance to experience the best blowjob of your life, or the experience of life-like penetration
Intrigued to know more about male masturbators? Check out our recent blog: Male Masturbators: Ultimate Pleasure in Your Own Hands
The moral of the story? Self-love is the best kind of love! It's time for you to get your rocks off whenever and however you fancy!